Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Thus spake Monty, and why not?

My desire is to combat my own tendency to rush through life without considering the beauty of what is around me. So, food is a metaphorical battle ground where I have chosen to slow down and appreciate life to the fullest, and this is the place for me to pontificate without doing too much harm.

Our garden is producing in abundance and our kitchen remodel is finally finished. Life can't be all bad, can it? My wife and I have been "forced" by the remodel to eat outside with our kids every evening on a picnic bench. Meals degenerate into play time and then I load the monkeys into a trailer and pull them around town behind a lawn mower. 

Tonight we were eating hamburgers in the yard when we realized we have a perfectly good table in the kitchen - and an island with bar stools, for that matter. We stayed outside...

Here's a basic rib rub - I'm taking this slow so that I don't hurt myself on the first blog!
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup seasoned salt
2 T Ancho chili powder
1 T Black pepper
1 t curry powder
1 t onion powder
1 t garlic powder
1 t cumin


2 comments:

Chez said...

lookin' good, podnah ... welcome to the blogosphere

Monty said...

Thanks, brother. I think Peter Cetera said it best, "You're the inspiration..." :)